Monday, January 23, 2006

Play Something Familiar

DJ Bolzak : You are listening to Radio 1, 1, 106.9. I'm Bolzak bringing you that hottest hits from the hottest artists for more minutes in the hour than any other DJ on the radio. Coming, we're spinning the hot new single from American Idol Carrie Underwood.

The Carrie Underwood song Jesus Takes the Wheel plays. DJ Bolzak drinks a Mountain Dew. The song plays for 30 seconds.

DJ Bolzak : Yes. Yes. Yes. That was Carrie Underwood's new Jam. Right now I've got, what's your name, guy?
Samson : Sam. Samson.
DJ Bolzak : Alright Sammy. What record can I spin for you?
Samson : I wanted to hear something from that new - uh - Animal Collective cd?
DJ Bolzak : Alright, an excellent choice. We'll see what we can.
Samson : Tha-
DJ Bolzak : This is DJ Bolzak in hiz-ouse, and I'm lettin you know that next on Radio 106.9, you're going to be hearing the newest hit from American Idol, Carrie Underwood. This is Jesus Take the Wheel.

The song plays for 15 seconds, and DJ Bolzak drinks more Mountain Dew.

DJ Bolzak : We're back, what a song what a song. You know, I want this song to be my song with my honey. Baby, if you're listenin', throw out last week's mix tape and we're hittin it tonight to some Carrie Underwood. Who's on the line?
Samson : Sam.
DJ Bolzak : What up, Samm-o! What do you want to hear?
Samson : It's not that I want to request something. I called a little while ago.
DJ Bolzak : Kickass Sam. Here you are, Carrie Underwood.

The song plays for 10 seconds. DJ Bolzak drinks more Mountain Dew.

DJ Bolzak : Radio 106.9. I'm your host, DJ Bolzak. Heck yea! That song really gets to me. You know? Looks like we've got a first time caller, long time listener, Sam? Are you there?
Samson : DJ Bolzak? Can you stop playing that song. I think I just. Well. I think I just wet myself. Please. Play something else.
DJ Bolzak : C-c-c-c-carrie

The song plays for 5 seconds. He finishes his Mountain Dew.

DJ Bolzak : Underwooooood. Samon's on the line. What's the jams for the days SamBone?!
Samson : Honestly, though. My teeth have fallen out of my head. Please. Play something different.
DJ Bolzak : We'll see what we can do!

The song plays again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home