Thursday, January 19, 2006

Working At The Ol' Factory

6 : My name is Colin. I'd like to work for this here Ol' Factory.
7 : You know we make soap here, right?
6 : Of course. I wouldn't apply for a job that I didn't know what it's for.
7 : That's not what I mean. Making soap is kind of dangerous. In the long term.
6 : It's soap.
7 : Right, but studies have shown that many people who have worked in soap creation end up needing respirators at night. For assisted breathing.

Pause.

6 : So can I work here?
7 : Seriously though, you don't want to work here.
6 : I don't mind. I'll wear a protective mask.
7 : It won't help.
6 : Do you get free soap? Like, the ones that get screwed up becuase my girlfr-
7 : I'm sorry, the position has been filled.
6 : What? You're lying.
7 : Actually the position has been dropped. Budget cuts.
6 : You're being ridi-
7 : Ok. I love you. And I feel like these feelings are a conflict of interest.
6 : What?
7 : Don't speak. Let's share this moment. Just. Go.
6 : This is fucking ridiculous.

6 leaves. 8 enters a moment after from a different direction

8 : Colin... Firth? That's an interesting name. Colin Firth?

No answer.

8 : Ok. Joe.. Pitch-ler, Pike-ler?
7 : Pichler, like pitching a baseball.
8 : Oh. Haha, I get it. Hm. Mr. Bagadine will see you now.
7 : Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home