Thursday, January 12, 2006

Everything Is So Important, or, the Trash Can Of Life

A metal trash can sits center stage. Roger and Mary enter the stage. They are college-aged.

Roger : To see you is like opening my eyes for the first time as a newborn baby, but with the logic skills of an old man. A very old man. A man who will die after saying hello.
Mary : Finding you, here, with out anyone but yourself, is you being you and only yourself. It makes me you, too.
Roger : The sky, the way it dances around and spreads to the edges of land is fifteen times better than not having a sky at all.

There is a pause.

Roger : Kind of like life.
Mary : When I look at my hand I think, how handy this hand will be if I need to hand something to someone without one. A hand.
Roger : This trash can, it is teaching me about where I can go, but moreso, reminding me of where I came from, and that, could be the same as the former.
Mary : That trash can is about what trash can do. The cans and cannots are both trash, one can just smell sweeter.
Roger : Sun! Sunlight! Shine on the can, show me what it means live. Every rose has its thorn.
Mary : Sun, someday living won't be alive anymore. I want to live lively lives at a livery, this can can't be all life has to loffer.

There is a pause.

Mary : Every cowboy sings a sad, sad song.

There is yet another pause. It gets dark.

Roger & Mary : I want to feel. Feel. Feel.

An uncomfortable pause.

Roger : It is dark. Is that the lesson?
Mary : The lesson learned is in life, life isn't always light?
Roger : Darkness teaches me to look harder at the trash can. To look for more?
Mary : Darkness darkens the already dark perspective. Darkly setting out interference from seeing the circumference of the drash dan.
Roger : I have felt.
Mary : Pathos.
Roger : I see a spec of dust. Over there, a spec that represents our struggle, against ourselves and eachother.
Mary : Over here in this direction, a dire leaf descending down to its descendents. Death, distraught 'ducation. 'Ducating me to dream. Dream. Do Dream.

They exit in opposite directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home