Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wearing Your Coat Inside

Dad : You're wearing your coat.
Son : What?
Dad : Your coat. You're still wearing it.
Son : Oh. Yeah. It was cold outside.
Dad : You're inside now.
Son : Yeah.
Dad : Take off your coat.
Son : No. I'm alright.
Dad : Seriously, take it off. You look homeless.
Son : Not all homeless people have coats, Dad.
Dad : You look like a homeless person who has a coat.
Son : No. I'd rather leave it on.
Dad : I don't understand you.
Son : Why do I need to take it off?
Dad : Who wears a coat inside?
Son : Maybe I'll be going outside soon, you don't know what my plans are.
Dad : Are you going back outside soon?
Son : Maybe.
Dad : No. You're not. You're inside. You don't need a coat. Where's your sense of order?
Son : Where is there a rule that says, inside no coat, outside with the coat?
Dad : It's the way the world works. You wear a coat out of necessity of the coat, not because you can. The first cold day created the thought, I need something warm instead this animal skin vest I'm wearing. You're abusing the coat by wearing it indoors.
Son : Maybe I appreciate the coat so I want to wear it all the time.
Dad : But by wearing your coat all the time, you're conditioning your body to be used to a higher tempurature, so when you go outside, you'll feel colder and you'll need another coat.
Son : Then I'll wear another coat.

Pause.

Dad : There's football on.
Son : Yeah, I'm going outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home