Friday, February 03, 2006

Murder At the Robot Factory!

The setting : A Robot Factory. 3 men stand along a belt that finishes robots and turns them on.

Roger : And that, my friends, is how they fooled us into thinking we landed on the moon.
Mike : Wow, Roger. Wow.
Kurt : You actually believe that?
Roger : What do you mean?

Mike flips a switch on a robot and it turns on and continues down the belt.

Robot : Hello. I am Robo-tor. How may I service you?
Kurt : I'm just saying that it's kind of ridiculous that they would put in that much effort to lie to us. Why not just go to the moon anyway.
Roger : The point isn't going to the moon, it's thinking we went to the moon so that the country can win the space race.
Kurt : You're so gullible. I can't believe that-
Robot (overlapping) : Hello. I am Robo-tor. How many I service you?
Kurt : you'd believe something so ridiculous.
Roger : It's not ridiculous.
Kurt : It is.

Kurt swings a wrench and accidentally hits Mike in the face.

Mike : Ow. Shit! Why did you do that?
Kurt : I'm sorry Mike. THat was an accident. Jesus.
Mike : Am I bleeding?
Roger : I think he's bleeding.
Kurt : He's not bleeding. Is he bleeding.
Mike : I'm not bleeding.
Kurt : Are you sure?
Robot : Hello. I am Robo-tor. How may I service you?
Mike : Yeah. I'm fine. Goddamnit, be careful Kurt.
Kurt : I'm sorry. God. I shouldn't even work here. I'm so clumsy and it's not like I need the money.
Roger : What do you mean?
Kurt : You guys don't know?
Mike : Know what?
Kurt : I inherited some money.
Roger : What, like 200 bucks or something.
Kurt : Try 200,000. Look at this.
Robot : Hello. I am Robo-tor. How may I service you?
Kurt pulls out an overflowing envelope of cash.
Mike : Holy shit, man. Look at all that money.
Kurt : I know. I'm gonna buy a car tonight, after work.
Mike : But seriously. That's a lot of monney.
Robot : Hello. I am Robo-tor. How may I service you?
Roger : You could be stabbed for that money.

The lights go out. There is a shuffle, a groan, and the lights come on again. Kurt is laying over the belt with a knife in his back.

Roger : Holy shit. He got stabbed!
Mike : I didn't do it.
Roger : I didn't do it either.

At this point, the audience should sit and talk amongst themselves, guessing at who could have done it. Do they think they know? Ok! Continue.

A Robot walks up behind Roger.

Robo-tor : Hello. My name is Robo-tor. How may I service you now?
Mike : The robot? The robot did it?
Roger : But, how?
Robo-tor : Roger. You. told. me. to. do. it. You. said. stab. Kurt.
Roger : What? No I didn't. I said that Kurt could get stabbed for that money.

Robo-tor hits Kurt again.

Roger : No. No Robo-tor. Stop!

Robo-tor stops and stares at Roger. It holds up Kurt's money and shoes.

Robo-tor : Ha. Ha. Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home