Monday, February 06, 2006

Hanging Around

Don hangs from the ceiling. He sways back and forth, he has a noose around his neck. Don't mom enters.

Don's Mom : Oh - Don?! Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god. What did you do? Why Don -
Don : Mom.
Don's Mom : Why Don.
Don : Mom!
Don's Mom : Don?!
Don : Hi Mom.
Don's Mom : Don! Are you - a ghost?
Don : No. I'm not dead.
Don's Mom : You're not? But you- you're hanging there.
Don : Ok. I'm dead. You're right.
Don's Mom : Oh god. Why Don, why?
Don : Uh. Hm. I guess I was kind of bored. I thought.
Don's Mom : You were bored? But now you're dead?!
Don : Yeah. but.
Don's Mom : Don! Now you'll never get married, or have a job, or see the world. Anything.
Don : Jesus, mom! Listen. I don't care about that. I kind of just wanted to be able to spend some time at home. You know.. not go to heaven or hell, but be in limbo right here for a while.
Don's Mom : But why Don?
Don : We haven't spent much time together lately.
Don's Mom : What?
Don : You and me. We haven't really spent time together lately.
Don's Mom : Wh- oh. Well.. I've been working a lot lately.
Don : I know. And I missed you, so I thought that if I could be forced to stay here for a while, maybe we could, you know, spend time together like we did when I was a kid.
Don's Mom : Oh, Don.
Don : I think Sleepless In Seattle is supposed to be on TV tonight, will you turn it on and get some popcorn? Maybe we can watch it together.
Don's Mom : Sure Don. Sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home