Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ice Cream Insurance

An Ice Cream truck pulls up. Three children run to him.

Ice Cream Man : Hello Kids! What kind of ice cream are ya in the mood for today? Some Chunky Munkey? Maybe a red white a blue Rocket Pop? How 'bout a classic ice cream sandwich?

Kid 1 : Can I have 2 scoops of vanilla please?

Ice Cream Man : 2 scoops of vanilla? I think I can accomodate that request.

Kid 1 : You guys, he can do it.

The other kids quietly pump their fists and say "Yes"

Ice Cream Man : Here ya'are.

The Kid hands the ice cream man a dollar.

Ice Cream Man : Great. You still owe 2 more dollars then.
Kid 1 : Your sign says a dollar.
Ice Cream Man : That may be true, but you need insurance to buy my ice cream.
Kid 1 : Inshoesrant?
Ice Cream Man : That's right, Billy. You see, insurance is going to protect you from if you drop your ice cream on the floor. By giving me two dollars now, you'll be saving yourself money and heartbreak later. Let's say you walk away from me right here and there's a gust of wind, knocking your ice cream onto the ground. By having insurance, you can rest assured that I'll take care of that ice cream for you, and replace it at no additional charge to you. It's protection for you, the consumer.

The Kid stares blanky at the Ice Cream Man and hands him two more dollars.

Ice Cream Man
: Great. Now, I just need you to sign this waiver.

The Ice Cream Man hands a clipboard and a pen to Kid 1.

Kid 1
: Waiver?
Ice Cream Man : Now Billy, you can't expect me to just give you some ice cream with out making sure you're allowed to eat ice cream? By signing this waiver, you're helping me protect myself and keep my costs down.
Kid 1 : What?
Ice Cream Man : This waiver states that you're not lactose intolerant and you can eat ice cream. It also says that if any internal problems, like bleeding, happen after consuming my ice cream you can't sue me. Also, if your parents don't want you eating ice cream, they won't be able to sue me either. All of this rests on you, the consumer. It's really to protect myself from lawsuits. And listen to this, by signing this waiver and cutting down on those lawsuits, you're helping me save money and keeping my prices low.
Kid 1 : But I gave you three dollars.
Ice Cream Man : It could have been five.

The kid signs the form and gets his ice cream. He begins to eat it, but with out the excitement from before.

Ice Cream Man
: Now, who is next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home