Thursday, January 26, 2006

Unfortunate Interaction Number Five

Roger, Jim, and Sara all stand talking and laughing. Mike walks up.

Roger : And then he pulled out a pocket knife and start to sli- Oh hey Mike.
Jim : Mike!
Mike : How's it goin' guys?
Jim : Good. Hey, this Sara, Sara, this is Mike. Sara's a cop.
Sara : An officer, Jim. Cop is such a dirty word. How are you Mike?
Mike : I'm good. It's Sara?
Sara : Yea, Sara.
Mike : Good to meet you.
Roger : So I was saying that I pulled out that knife and started to slice open the orange. And my buddy got some juice in his eye. To make a long story short, we lost the baby.
Sara : Wow. I'm sorry.
Jim : That was not where I expected it to go.
Roger : Yeah. Well, that's life I guess. It was hard, but now I can look back at it as a growth experience. Or anti growth if you want to be sardonic.

They all chuckle. There is a pause.

Mike : So Sara, how do you feel about crime?

Pause.

Sara : Uhm. Well... I dislike it enough to be an officer.

Pause. A throat is cleared in the silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home