Monday, November 27, 2006

Love Means Hurt to Show Love is Really Love

Woman 1 : I want to lock you up so no one can see you but me.
Woman 2 : I want to write your name on every bathroom stall in America - Nay, the world - but not give the right phone number so only I can call you.
Woman 1 : I want to drink the ocean's water until there's none left so you can walk to other continents.
Woman 2 : I want to end every song with your name so I can always be reminded of you - not that I'm not thinking of you anyway, but reminders are good.
Woman 1 :I want to name all the stars after you but not tell anyone so only I can know that they're yours.
Woman 2 : I want to blow up important centers of international trade so you can see the magnitude of my love for you.
Woman 1 : I want to punch the face of everyone who looks at you because they don't deserve to look at you.
Woman 2 : I want to sing Bruce Springstein songs to you because while his music is subpar at best, I would lower my expectations to be with you.

Pause. Simultaneously, Woman 1 punches herself in the face. She screams in pain, crying. Woman 2 sings "Born to Run," by Bruce Springstein.

Woman 2 : H'ooh!
Baby this town rips the bones from your back.
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap,
We gotta get out while we're young
'cause tramps like up, baby we we born to run.
Baby, we were born to run.

They go until they stop, then limp or walk off stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home