Wednesday, October 11, 2006

rock.bottom.

a man lies in the middle of the floor, feet toward the audience.

man : i can't get up.

pause.

man : and i'm not hurt. i just laid down right here and

sighs.

man : it felt nice. so i stayed. i just didn't want to get up and an hour passed, then more time, more time, more time. and now. well. i just don't think i can get up. gravity has struck me down, fooled me into thinking i could overpower it at my own will. well gravity. you've won. and here i am. on the ground. face up. staring at the sky. which is gray. and sad.

An ice cream truck is heard is heard quietly.

man : and you know, it's just fitting that i

pauses, listens.

Man : that i just lay here. lay here like I'm a dead body. I doubt anyone would notice.

The music gets louder.

Man : I may as well just - .

He Pauses.

Man : I could really go for a Spongebob Squarepants icecream right now. That would taste good.

The music is almost overpowering with its twinkles and dinkles.

Man : That's it. I'm getting up and getting an icecream.

The man stays where he is.

Man : Oh. Right. Gravity. Ice cream truck! Ice cream truck! I can't come to you! Please stop and give me icecream! I'll give you money!

The man rolls onto his side, but then collapses back to his back.

Man : AH! Shit!

The music gets quieter until it's completely inaudible. Even if it takes a full minute. The man lets out a deep sigh vocal sigh.

man : fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home