Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hello? Is it me you're looking for, Lionel Richie?

A and B stand blindfolded on opposite sides of the stage. Lionel Richie's Hello? plays. Before the play starts, someone spins A and B around so they are very dizzy. Both are holding props (a rubber chicken and a Rubik's cube, for example). Throughout the play, they try to make their ways to each other by any means possible (crawling, if necessary).

A
I feel very lost.

B
I hate that I can't see you right now. I am mortified that I have to trust that you are out there somewhere.

A
I am here waiting for you! And I think you're radiant.

B
Why can't I find you? Where did you go?

A
I'm here, and I have a gift for you.

B
This distance is terrible.

A
This will get better. We will be better. The distance? Its temporary.

Once A and B reach each other, they remain blindfolded.

A
Here, this is for you. (Hands prop to B.)

B
Wow, is this a rubber chicken (or whatever the prop is)? I'm flattered. Here, this is for you. (Hands prop to A).

A
We were meant to be, you and I. And this Rubik's Cube proves it.

A and B hug.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B
you n me are meant to b together, i wonder how could we be parted,,we would hv closed eyes and heard each othr's heartbeat, we would have met there n then itself

 

Post a Comment

<< Home