Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunglasses Hut

In a Sunglasses Hut or some other sunglasses store. One man at the counter, the other, a customer, enters.


Man at the counter : Welcome to Sunglasses Hut. You're squinting, and I'd like to stop that.
Customer : What?
Man at the counter : Welcome to Sunglasses Hut. Your eyes look wrinkly, it's because of the sun.
Customer : I'm sorry. Is this the Sunglasses, plural, Hut, or Sunglasses, S apostrophe, Hut, as in a possessive pair of Sunglasses?
Man at the counter : Let me show you some of this Spring's fashion.
Customer : Fine.
Man at the counter : This season, oversized sunglasses are in. We have a wide array of sunglasses that will cover your who face, including your nose.
Customer : I don't care. It doesn't matter, just show me what's cheapest.
Man at the counter : Here are some nice sun glasses by Ray Ban. The joy of Ray Ban is that they are just dark enough to feel like they're helping, but not quite dark enough to do anything, so you'll always feel like you need a new pair of sunglasses. Isn't that smart?
Customer : No. What? How much are they?
Man at the counter : These Ray Ban sunglasses?
Customer : Yes.
Man at the counter : Oh.
Customer : I'm sorry?
Man at the counter : Uhm. These aren't for sale.
Customer : What do you mean?
Man at the counter : Nevermind. Look, we're closed.
Customer : But I want to buy them. There's no one else in here, and I never see anyone in here.
Man at the counter : Please leave, or I'll need to call security.
Customer : I want to take money out of my wallet and put it in your hand in exchange for these sun glasses. I don't understand.
Man at the counter : Look. I'm asking you nicely. Get the fuck out.
Customer : Fine. Jesus, this is stupid.

The Customer leaves. The walls of the Sunglasses Hut fall away to show something of a stage or a training area. An older man in a suit stands behind the wall. On three sides of the stage are bleachers with fake people in them. The older man in a suit exhuberently exclaims :

Older man : Perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home