Sunday, March 26, 2006

Loud Drums, Loud Thumping

Two women kissing. Drums happen upon them.

1 : What the -?
2 : Just ignore it.
1 : They ignore it.

The drums grow louder, the two grow despondent from the kissing.

2 : Do you think people use the word despondent just to sound smart? Aren't there enough D-E words?
1 : You're thinking about - I can't believe you?
2 : I'm sorry, it's just not very easy to, you know, while those drums are thumping.
1 : That was a horrible sentence.
2 : I'm sorry. I'm distracted.

They top, sit, tap their feet with the drums. 1 bobs her head. 2 bobs her head also, but while 1 nods like she's saying yes, 2 nods like she's saying no.

1 : It's a nice rhythm.
2 : It reminds me of a marching band. Or Nazis.

The drums stop. Their relationship is now over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home