Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Is it still winter?

Tim, Kelly, outside. It's cold. Tim shivers.

Kelly : You alright, Tim?
Tim : Yeah. yeah. I'm fine. Just, you know, cold.
Kelly : Yeah. I'm sorry about that. I didn't know it'd be so cold. It's May.
Tim : It's ok. I just, kind of, wish I'd worn a thicker coat. A tshirt and sport coat aren't really enough to keep me warm.
Kelly : Hm. Pretty soon we'll be out of the outside again and into the inside. Where it's warm.
Tim : I can't wait.

Tim shivers, again.

Tim : I'm sorry, I'm trying not to think about it. I'm not trying to remind you that I'm cold.
Kelly : I know. And it's my fault anyway. Thank you again for waiting with me.
Tim : It's ok. I had nothing else to do.
Kelly : I just wish the minutes idn't pass by so momentarily.
Tim : Yeah. And the cold, I'm sorry again, the cold slows everything down. Like how quickly our blood is pumped.
Kelly : Ok. Well. Just a few more minutes.

They stand there. Tim continues to shiver. Kelly continues to stand, expectantly, waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home