Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Disappearing Furniture, Living Room

There is a coffee table on a carpet. There is a lawn chair. One person enters the room.

1 : Hey!
2 (offstage) : Yeah?
1 : What happened?
2 (offstage) : What do you mean?
1 : The living room. Where's the couch?
2 (offstage) : Oh. I lent it to one of my friends, they're having a tupperware party.
1 : Oh. Then what do we sit on?
2 (entering) : I've got that lawn chair right there.
1 : Yeah. But what if both of us want to be in here. How will I work at my laptop?
2 : Yeah - I don't know. Sit on the floor, I guess. I'm making myself a cranberry juice and vodka, you want one?
1 : Sure. I guess.

1 stares at the couch. 2 leaves and makes the drinks.

1 : So when are we getting this couch back?
2 (offstage) : Uh. I don't know. Later this week I guess?
1 : It's for a tupperware party?
2 (offstage) : Yep. He's trying to break the region's sales record. Big party in his attic.
1 : Ah. Hey. I heard from one of my ex's this week.
2 (offstage) : Oh yeah?
1 : Yeah. Well. Actually, I looked up the name on the internet and found some personal thing online.
2 (offstage) : I've done that.
1 : Yeah. I guess I'm not the only one who's moved on.
2 (offstage) : Oh really?
1 : I've come to conclusion that once a person has dated me, they will most likely date the person they'll probably stay with for a really long time or marry next.
2 (offstage) : How do you figure?
1 : This ex and the last one. I think they're both dating people they really care about. They're both in relationships that really make sense.
2 (offstage) : Ah. Did you ever meet the new ones?
1 : I think so. I probably didn't talk to either of them that much, though.
2 (offstage) : So how do you know?
1 : I don't, really. Just a feeling. I think I had someone else do the same thing a long time ago.
2 (offstage) : Huh. Ok.

2 reenters.

2 : Here's your drink.
1 : Thanks.

They stand there for a moment.

1 : I wonder if I should call all my other ex's to see how they are..

1 starts to put down the drink, but has arms that don't quite. 1 starts to squat a little and awkwardly puts the drink down.

1 : I really miss the couch.
2 : Me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home