Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hometown

Andy & Roger.

Andy : Roger?! Is that you?
Roger : I'm sorry?
Andy : Roger Michaels.
Roger : Yes.

There is a pause.

Roger : Andy Stevens?
Andy : That's right. Wow. I thought you moved away.
Roger : Yeah. I did. I'm back for my friend's bachelor party.
Andy : Wow. Anybody I know?
Roger : No, a college friend.

There is a pause.

Roger : Wow. Andy Stevens. What have you been up to.
Andy : I went to college locally, and now I'm in insurance. I actually don't live here anymore. I'm in the capital.
Roger : Oh. So why are you back then?
Andy : Visiting my parents. My grandmother passed away this week.
Roger : Andy, I'm sorry to hear that.
Andy : She was getting old and well, it wasn't exactly a surprise.
Roger : I'm still sorry to hear that though. I hope your parents are ok.
Andy : Yeah, they'll be fine.

There is a pause.

Andy : Hey, do you remember when we all spent the night at Jimmy's and had a bottle rocket war?
Roger : Bottle rocket war?
Andy : Yeah, Jimmy had that back yard that was huge and big barn. We all slept on his trampoline and ended up all in a big pile by the morning. Everyone felt a little gay - Jimmy actually realized he was gay a few years after that.
Roger : No. I don't remember. I remember Jimmy - I knew he'd turn out to be gay, but I don't remember the bottle rockets. How old were we?
Andy : Oh, it had to have been our freshman year of high school.
Roger : Hm. I don't remember.

There is a pause.

Roger : Hey! Do you remember that band trip where we drove through the hurricane?
Andy : Band trip.. I remember the one to that amusement park by the lake.
Roger : No, this one was across the state and we basically were hit by a hurricance. I guess it wasn't a hurricane, we don't get those here, but it was a really powerful storm, with tornados. We had to stop and sit in some school along the way. It was really scary. Kind of life changing.
Andy : I don't know.

There is a pause.

Roger : Did you hear that Brian is out of the coma?
Andy : Brian?
Roger : Brian McDoogal.
Andy : He was in a coma?!
Roger : Yeah. But now he's not anymore.
Andy : Oh wow.

There is a pause.

Andy : Sandra got married.
Roger : Sandra?
Andy : Sandra Jones?
Roger : I don't know. I wish I had a yearbook.
Andy : Hey - do you remember how that english teacher tried to change our school colors our sophomore year?
Roger : Yeah! I do! What was her name? Mrs.-
Andy : Mrs. -
Roger : B-
Andy : Mrs. Bowery?
Roger : Mrs. Bowen!
Andy : Mrs. Bowen! Yeah that's it.
Roger : Oh man, she was such a bitch.
Andy : I read that she passed away a few years ago.
Roger : I mean. She was a good teacher and all, but kind of a bitch.
Andy : Yeah, I know what you mean.

There is a pause that lasts until Roger and Andy die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home