Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I've Overthought Terrorism.

Me : I think. I should probably stop using my gasoline car. If I continue to use the gas in my car, I continue to pollute, and also, it seems, support terrorist activities. But my thought is, if I stop using my car, I'll have to use a bicycle and quit my job or get in good enough shape to ride it sixty miles round trip five, sometimes six, days a week. I'd likely get a job near my house, which would most likely be at a place that's part of the economically depressed area - Hey, it's cheaper to live where I do than the nice area closer to work. There isn't any public transportation that gets me to work, by the way, and taking a bus defeats the purpose of not using a gas car. So I'm riding a bike to work, is this what they want me to do? You know, the terrorists? They, they, not us, no U.S., but those people? They want me to ride my bike and get a worse job so I have to relinquish all those things that my current job gives me. Or do they want me to think that they want that? Do those people, who have leaders with higher education and brilliant, albeit sinister, if you're on our side, want me to think that I should ride a bike to work and lose all my money? Do they really not want me to have those things? If I didn't, if I stay were I am with work. I'll continue to pollute, and maybe, support terrorism inadvertently. Unless. Of course! There's a webpage that talks about those things. But what if. And I'm going out on a limb here, what if the terrorists run that website. Let's say the website says Mobil supports terrorism, and this is just an example not a fact, Mobil supports terrorism, but BP does not. Do I reverse my thinking and use Mobil, to be safe? In case those Terrorists have tried to outsmart me? So I should use my car, I should get gas from where the news or media or the internet tells me I shouldn't. And I'll help defeat terrorism through inaction, because what they really want is action. Then again, if I'm inactive, I'll get lazy and less aware. So if I'm lazy and less aware, they can attack then. So I should ride my bike and quit my job. If I add the economically depressed populace in my area, it may not be good for me right now, but in the long run?

My head explodes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home