Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Baby Gays

The year is 1923.

Leo Gerstenzang sits at his drawing board in his kitchen, scribble and scribbling out. His wife is nearby. She begins to apply make up.

Leo's Wife : Leo. Can you pass me that container of tooth picks?
Leo : Yeah, yeah, sure.
He passes them. He continues the scribbling. His wife begins to wrap cotton around the tooth picks.
Leo : Honey, what are you doing?
Leo's Wife : Oh. I'm just applying my make out. Cleaning out my ears. You know.
Leo : No. What are you doing with those cotton swaps and toothpicks?
Leo's Wife : Oh. When I wrap the cotton wap around the toothpick, it gives me slightly more control over the swab, so I can put my make up on better, clean my ears better. You know.
Leo : Let me see one of those.
He takes one and puts make up on, then cleans his ears. Blood pours out of his ears. He howls in pain.
Leo : This is brilliant. Let's sell these.
Leo's Wife : Honey, your ears are bleeding?
Leo : I can't hear you, my ears are filling with blood. Look. Before I forget, make a thousand of these, and I'll sell them. We'll be rich.
Leo's Wife : What will we all them?
Leo : We will call them... Baby Gays.
Leo's Wife : That's kind of a queer name.