Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Maybe I'll Set Fire To That Building Over There.

A fifty year old father, a twenty year old son with an emo swoop and a black tshirt. He could very well be high.

Dad : Do something with your life son.
Son : Yeah. I'm working on it.
Dad : You're doing nothing with your life.
Son : Dad, leave it alone. I'm in college.

The Dad smacks his son in the faces to get him to pay attention.

Dad : Listen. If you don't do something with yourself and apply yourself, you'll end up like your father
Son : You turned out alright.
Dad : Well, I'm not your father. Jim, your dad died when you were very young.
Son : What?
Dad : I know, it's hard to understand.
Son : What about Mom? She died -
Dad : At the same time. Same day. Same way.
Son : What?
Dad : What I'm saying is, and I think you can handle it now, since you've not had any reaction to me hitting you in the face, I ran your parents over with my car. Well. Tractor.
Son : What?
Dad : They were almost dead, so I was just finishing them off. Technically, that's how they died. There were some other hurdles in that race, let me tell you..

He trails off.

Son : Maybe I'll set fire to that building over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home