Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Big Fucking Deal.

MAN
I'm sorry, I have to cancel our plans for tonight.

WOMAN
Oh, okay. Why? Did something come up?

MAN
Yeah, I'm really bogged down with work. And there's a work thing going on that I want to go to tonight...

WOMAN
Sure, okay, we can hang out another night.

MAN
Are you sure its okay?

WOMAN
That's okay, really.

MAN
Are you sure? If its a big deal...

WOMAN
ITS FINE.

MAN
See, I never know with girls. They says its not a big deal but then it is a big deal and I never know, you know?

WOMAN
Well, maybe if you didn't make it a big deal then it wouldn't be a big deal.

MAN
I wasn't trying to make anything a big deal. I just thought, you know, you could come with me to the work thing instead...

WOMAN
I didn't really come dressed appropriately for your work thing so I think its better if I just go home.

MAN
Oh. Uhh...ok. Well, how about if I just come over to your place after my work thi...

WOMAN
No. I don't want you to come over. Its fine. Just forget it. We'll hang out another night.

MAN
Are you sure everything is fine? I mean, you seem a little upset...

WOMAN
You know what? I am upset that you are cancelling our plans. And I am upset that you knew all these things were going on all week and that you waited until now to cancel our plans. So go and have fun and I will see you next week.

MAN
Oh...I mean...

WOMAN
You know what? It really bothers me that you don't even put up a fight. That you didn't even try to change my mind. I probably would have changed my mind if you had asked me to come to your work thing again.

MAN
Oh, I didn't realize that I...

WOMAN
So just forget it. Its not a big fucking deal. I'm over it. But just for future reference, it would be nice if you could put in a little extra effort and act like you really want me there.

MAN
I do want you there, I didn't know that I needed to ask you to come with me more than once. I don't want to fight with you, I just wanted to spend time with you.

WOMAN
And I want to spend time with you, but I don't care how dumb it is. I'm sticking by my decision to not hang out until I know that you actually want to hang out.

MAN
Ohhhh...uhm. I'm really sorry, I'm not very good with this uhh, girlspeak and I didn't mean to upset you, I just...didn't know. Let me take you out for ice cream soon.

WOMAN
Oh, so now you're saying I'm fat too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home