Monday, March 06, 2006

All of the words I know

Father and Son.

Father : Son.
Son : Yes, Dad.
Father : Now, with the power of stream of consciousness, I will tell you - and listen closely. All the words I know.
Son : All of them?
Father : Yes.
Son : Why, Dad?
Father : For posterity. Like how some dads name their first born after themselves. Instead of that, I'm giving you something more useful.
Son : Oh. Do I need a pen and paper?
Father : Nope. Just listen. Car, Cat, Ball, Vehicle, Virility, Tea, Tee, Teetime, Teeter, Testomonial, Moan, Map, Compass, Compact, Pact, Parcel, Adoption, You.
Son : Are those all the words you know?
Father : There are more. Donkey, Dirivitive, Derilict, Devo, Devotion, God, Church, Religion, Judaism, Monty Python, Home Run, Knee, Punch, Punching Bag, Pillow, Rock, Ewe, Adopted.

There is a pause.

Father : Bastard, Son, Unwanted, Black Market, Baby, Twenty Five Million Yen, Currency Converter, Twenty Five Thousand Dollars, Impotence.

There is another pause.

Father : Mother, Dead, Failed Abortion -
Son : Thanks, Dad, I think I know those words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home