Monday, January 02, 2006

TEAM

4 Large men stand with the letters T, E, A, M painted on their chests. They yell for their team.

A : Yah!
E : That was awesome!
M : Hot dog!
T : You guys ever think that, maybe.. like.. when I'm saying cat, you hear dog and what you think of as dog is really cat.

There is a silence amongst them. They again scream for what happens on the field.

A : Sometimes I wonder if I can see through my hand.
E : Yah. Like when you look past it. You can see through it with one eye.
A : That's right!

The two try it.

M : Beer!
T : I can't do it you guys.
A : Just stare past your hand.
T : What?
E : Ok.
He puts his hand passed T's.
E : Now, focus on my hand but look at yours.
T : Oh. wow.
M : Can I get a bag of popcorn?! A peanut?

The men howl and grimace in pain. Something bad has just happened.

E : Well. I guess that's it.
T : Next year.
A : I'm so sick of saying next year. Just once. Just fucking once I'd like to say this year, guys. This year.

A small boy walks up to A. He carries a chess piece.

Small Boy : Are you ready to go dad?
A : Yeah. Let's go.

They leave.