Monday, December 12, 2005

Moon

It is midday, a man and a woman are outside.
Man : Merry Christmas.
He hands the woman a small package.
Woman : What? I didn't expect any-
Man : It's the moon.
Woman : The moon?
Man : That's right. I got you the moon.
Woman : Like a rock?
Man : Nope.
Woman : Or a plot of land.
Man : No. The moon. The whole thing. Every bit of it.
Woman : Don't be absurd.
Man : No. Seriously, look up. Do you see it anywhere?
Woman : Huh. It's day time. I'll be able to see it when it gets dark.
Man : Alright. Would like you to wait.

It is now nighttime.
Man : Do you see it?
Woman : No.
Man : That's because it's in that little box.
Woman : It's very dark tonight.
Man : I know.
Woman : Why did you - ?
Man : I thought that because you liked collecting things, like those little tea cups, you might wan to collect something else for a change. And there are seriously an infinite number of moons and planets, so it could be a really fun project for us to do.
Woman : Maybe I could make them into.. Christmas ornaments?
Man : Maybe.