Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Sun Shined On Her Face Blinding Her, But Making Her More Beautiful To Me.

Mike and Deborah.

Deborah : Mike?
Mike : Right here.
Deborah : Oh. I'm sorry, it's kind of dark today.
Mike : It's ok. It's winter.
Deborah : Yeah. Winter's pretty dark. Unless it snows, and then the sun reflects on the snow and shines up at your face.
Mike : And being blonde makes everything seem so much brighter.
Deborah : I wish I were blonde.
Mike : I'm ok with the fact that you're not. Blondes are a nice idea, but .. eh.
Deborah : Gosh. Thanks.
Mike : You know what I mean.
Deborah : Sometimes. Not always. I don't know about right now.
Mike : I think you're beautiful.
Deborah : You've never said that before.
Mike : I know. It's not a word I tend to use.
Deborah : Thank you. You know, it looks like the sun is getting a bit brighter.
Mike : It's getting closer to spring.
Deborah : Wow. It's coming pretty quickly, I don't even have my sunglasses right now. I might need them soon.
Mike : Just stand with your back to the sun.

They both do. The sun comes from the audiences perspective.

Deborah : This is better.
Mike : I can't see you.
Deborah : You might have to wait until nighttime, or dusk, when it's darker.
Mike : But I want to see you.
Deborah : It's so bright though.
Mike : I'll just think about you then.
Deborah : But I'm right here.
Mike : I know, but, sometimes the memory of you works just as well when we're not at our best.
Deborah : What?
Mike : Thinking about how life has been between us in the past gets me through times like now, when I can't see you. It gets me through these moments. All the times we -

Deborah stands, facing the sun.

Deborah : What do you mean? Are you saying that we're not good now?
Mike : No. We may not be at our best now, but how can - God you're beautiful. How can we always be at our best?
Deborah : If we're not at our best, are we at our - Jesus. My eyes.
Mike : I can't imagine anyone who is better for me right now.
Deborah : Mike?
Mike : Right here.
Deborah : Oh, sorry. It's just so bright, I can't see anything at all.
Mike : It's ok. I want to inhale the beauty that radiates off of you.

The stage is bright, washing everything out. It's as if the sun were placed in the middle of stage. Deborah reaches out, touching nothing.

Deborah : I love you.
Mike : I love you, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home