Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Scene 13

The fierce man stands outside the convenience store. Smoking. The phone is off the hook.

Phone : Aimless. Just aimless. Where the hell am I going. I don't even know. I'm just picking up the phone and calling periodically and seeing what comes out. Directionless? Maybe. But do we all know where we're going deep down? I think so. I've been doing what I do for so long I may as well be on autopilot. Why not? How to live in the third person while still being in the first person.

A click is heard.

The old woman from before walks up.

Old Woman : Rich?
Rich : Huh.
Old Woman : Rich.
Rich : Yeah.
Old Woman : How are you?
Rich : I'm fine mom.

The prostitute, Clara, enters. Her clothing is smaller than he body, thusly, pushing everything out the hole, like a twinkie squeezed in a small hand.

Clara : Rich. Ready?
Rich : Yeah. Mom. I gotta go.
Old Woman : Introduce me to your friend?

Rich walks away. The Old Woman hangs up the phone. The LED signs reads : Please do not loiter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home