Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Scene 12

Fierce man holds a piece of paper. He snorts cocaine off it. He stands in line at a McDonald's. The young girl behind the counter takes a half step back as he takes a full step closer to the counter. He's barely audible.

Fierce Man : Bun, with sweet and sour.
Young Girl : Uh, what?
Fierce Man : Hamburger bun. With sweet and sour sauce.
Young Girl : With what?
Fierce Man : Sweet and sour sauce.
Young Girl : A hamburger bun, with sweet and sour sauce?
Fierce Man : Yeah.
Young Girl : I'm.. sorry sir, that's not our menu.
Fierce Man : I know.
Young Girl : I can't give it to you, then.

He puts a fistful of ones on the table.

Fierce Man : I'll pay.
Young Girl : I have no way to enter it.
Fierce Man : Then just give it to me.
Young Girl : I'm sorry sir we don't give out hand ou- free food.
Fierce Man : Then give me a burger, and some sweet and sour sauce. No cheese, ketchup, mustard or anything.
Young Girl : I can't do that. I know what you're going to do with it.
Fierce Man : It's my fucking food. I'll do what I fucking want with it.
Young Girl : I'm sorry Sir.. You'll need to leave now.
He leans forward. Lights a cigarette and stares at her.
Young Girl : You can't smoke in here either.

A child walks up to the counter. He or she is drinking from a cup. The man turns away from the girl. He flicks his cigarette behind him. Lights another cigarette and smacks the child's cup out of his or her hand. He walks out.

Fierce Man : Stupid fucking. God damned...

The child cries, and is scarred for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home