Monday, September 11, 2006

Scene 11

The well-dressed man and the woman are at home, in the kitchen.

Woman : How was your day?
Man : Excuse me. One se-

The man clears his throat. He sounds like an old man, or someone who had just woken up and has a lot of flem in his throat.

Man : My day was busy. People calling me all the time, the server went down in the middle of the day and all I could was just sit there.
Woman : Huh.
Man : What about you What did you do?
She glances toward the bottle of bleech.
Woman : Oh, you know. Cleaned, and stuff.
Man : And stuff?
Woman : Cleaned.
Man : Well you did a great job, honey.
He puts his arm around her.
Woman : Did you see that man at the convenience store tonight?
Man : The homeless guy?
Woman : I don't think he's homeless, but ... yea .. I guess that guy.
Man : What about him?
Woman : I don't know.. He just struck me as someone interesting.
Man : Carol, Carol, Carol - you're always so interested in freaks and weirdos.
Woman : I would've liked to talk to him more, but -
Man : I think his responses were purely monosyllabic.
Woman : I bet there's more to him than that.

Noticing where the wood had been warn away from the Woman's cleaning.
Man : There's a spot over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home